Wednesday, June 30, 2010

MIcro Teaching WEEK!





Micro Teaching

This week was an eventful week with new new surprises. One of the highlights was micro teaching. Micro Teaching is basically when our Language teachers gather students in the community and in groups of three we prepare and teaching lessons. In these lessons each person as twenty minutes to do their thing... My group consist of Ben, Erin and myself. I had the most experience in the group, but my fellow group-mates were naturals. Mondays lesson was a basic dialogue,
Hello
My name is ____
Nice to meet you
Im feeling_____
and the students really enjoyed our lesson. We had eight students the first day which was monday and nine students on thursday. Thursdays lesson was a review from mondays material in trio with body parts which Ben covered and numbers which I taught. Our observers said we did well both times and that we were ready for practice teaching which is a great a compliment considering we have a few more micro teaching weeks yet.
On wednesday me and one of my fellow trainees went on a five hour hike. This was an interesting journey... We traveled for two hours +1/2 around two big mountains and then cut through going over two other big hills to come to the place of my pictures..... Its amazing how there are forest like places on these hills and than on the backside of the same hill its as bare as babes bottom. On the way home Cameron and I were in conversation when he started humming a familiar tune... Check out the video ….It was a fun and eventful hike...I must say !
The weekend started with me finding the perfect Mongolian song to sing at the graduation in August. My Language teachers nephew helped me find it.(Thanks!) It a simple guitar driven song. I hope I can get the language, which is the biggest part. I learned to the tune and chorus yesterday! I am excited! I also was able to start a worship song in Gband. While I am limited because I do not have a keyboard here the track sounds ok... My Mongolian mom feeds me well! I am constipated as I type... Digestive system do not fail me now...LOL!
Peace and Love
Clifton A. Hurt
Video coming soon...

3 comments:

  1. Dude that is ridiculously cool!!! Proud of you man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo Clif...lol...I was sitting and talk to Tab about your blog and how much you seem to be enjoying this...keep it up bro...its the fourth of July well the morning after and all I could think about as I watched the fireworks was when we were in Mississippi and almost burned the house down...lol...love ya Bro!

    ReplyDelete