Monday, June 7, 2010

The first few days in Mongolia have been awesome. I have seen so many things and met so many people. There have not been any major challenges. The Mongolian people have been very receptive to the Peace Corps Volunteers here in Zuunmod. They seem to think that we are funny... There are 76 plus volunteers here and we have all been attempting to learn one of the hardest languages in the world. With some success at “hello” and “thank you” we have seemed to manage well.(LOL) Today two little girls from the Zuunmod hung out with us. They were awesome! The currency exchange rate here is MNT 1,375= $1.00, which is generally ok for what Peace Corps supplies us with in money. You have to be smart with your money and budget correctly.






For now I'm rooming with three guys Glen, Ben, and Cameron. These guys are all different but cool for the most part. My vegetarian diet has not been challenged yet. However, I will not really know until I move with my host family for training. I have been reassured by one of the volunteers that I would be able to continue the diet I will continue to try... I really like it here. I think with some more language training(which is coming soon!), and living with the host family I will be able to serve well. There is much for me to learn and I am really excited about it. Oh, the school dorms that we are staying in have hill like mountains on the side of the building that set the most beautiful scenery for when the sun is shining. (Actually got a lil ultimate Frisbee in earlier today...)

( Its currently 8:50pm in Zuunmod which means its 7:50 back home in chicago) Im getting a bit tired!

Peace and Love Friends & Family!

3 comments:

  1. Clif I love it!
    I am so proud of you and happy everything is going well! God is definitely about to use you greatly in your service! Everything we prayed and set up hours talking about with Peace Corp is coming to past! Continue to keep us updated! I can't wait to hear your voice! Love you bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Clifton,

    I am so excited to hear about you experience and how you are enjoying your self in Mongolia...I love the pics....I'm so proud of you and cant wait to visit and learn the language and meet your new friends....I miss you and yes I did call your phone and leave a message...I had to...even though I know how silly it was...lol...well that is all for now...May God watch between you and me while we are absent one from another....Love You Much!

    ReplyDelete